Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weekly Memo - Read 180 Begins

We have finally begun Read 180 in all the classes. Sixth and Seventh Grade classes will start in Workshop 1 - The New Americans, while my Eighth Grade classes will begin with Workshop 5 - Under Pressure. The first two days will be Whole Group as we preview the sections and get down the Vocabulary, and we will begin Rotations on Wednesday.

Friday, I will not be here, as I have a training that I must attend to, however, Read 180 will not be deterred, as students will continue with their rotations, and continue to work hard on their assignments.

Due to me not being here on Friday, I will be handing out my Progress Reports on Wednesday, and they will be due back on Thursday signed. All other classes will still give theirs out on Thursday. I'm just doing them a day early to make sure I'm here to collect them.

This Thursday is Curriculum Night, from 6PM - 7:30PM. If you want to know what's going on in your child's classroom, this is the perfect opportunity for you to find out. Hope to see you all there.

Friday will be Hat Day for students with Cougar Coupons. Friday morning students will be able to use their Cougar Coupons to buy a sticker in order to wear a hat that day. I'm unsure on how many Cougar Coupons are needed to purchase the sticker, but as soon as I know, I will post it on here.

Hope everyone has a good week!